Opening Monday 22 March, Luci, located at 472 Bourke Street is a contemporary Australian restaurant accompanied by The Douglas Club, an opulent cocktail bar split across two rooms.
Housed within the grand hall of the historic Equity Chambers Building – now Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street – Luci restaurant gives homage to Melbourne’s history of Italian immigrants and its evolution into a cosmopolitan culinary city.
Executive Chef Sam Moore (Pier in Rose Bay, Becasse, No.35 at Sofitel Melbourne) has created a menu to reflect this ethos with contemporary Australian with European accents and ingredients sourced from local high quality producers, dishes include;
- Huon salmon rillettes, fine herbs, rye toast
- Fried duck egg, roast squash, pear, smoked ham, hazelnut
- Chilli crab benny, spinach, poached egg, bonito hollandaise
- Brown butter pancakes, caramelized banana, smoked chocolate fudge sauce
Lunch and Dinner
- Hiramasa kingfish crudo, Harding’s orchard apples, celery, horseradish<
- Pork tortellini, Jerusalem artichoke, smoked pancetta, hazelnut
- Portland blue eye cod, lemon & caper butter, broccoli
- Wimmera duck breast, celeriac, radicchio
With a sophisticated Bates Smart designed interior showcasing its proud 1930’s architectural heritage with a contemporary edge, the Luci dining room features triple height ceilings, refurbished oak paneling and bespoke marble tables and flooring, creating an elegant and warm ambiance.
The Douglas Club fronting Bourke Street is a laid back establishment within historic walls painted a blue-green hue that compliments the bar’s striking marble features. Guests can sink into the emerald green velvet lounges to be taken on a journey through time with cocktails inspired by the theme of the golden age of travel. The wine and champagne selection is extensive, and spirit aficionados can explore a range of boutique local artisan producers.
The Douglas Club also has its own snacks menu, and dishes include;
- Spanner crab tartlet, bonito mayonnaise
- Mini parmesan doughnuts
- Sun dried tomato, basil & olive tapenade, whipped anchovy, rye toast
- Cured meats
- Cheese selection
Luci Melbourne and The Douglas Club are located at 472 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000.